Thursday, 22 November 2012

Insta Favs


Hi there! Neelu here with to share a simple mini I made few days back. I've been wanting to make a mini for a while now and after pondering on a theme, I decided to make it about my favorite Instagram photos. (If you are on Instagram, you can find us by the username 'ppsuae' and me by 'nielouphar'.)

I'am not big on making huge chunky mini albums as it stresses me out and I give up half way. So I put together few supplies and decided to stick with it. 

Scissors and Sand Paper


The 6x6 Paper Pad is just gorgeous! Just gorgeous! The red pink chevron I used on front and back covers made my heart sing! And guess what there's a green version in it too! Woot!! 


All sheets were of pink and green theme. I'am usually confused about what papers to use when making a mini and this made it really easy for me. I decided to do the album in pink and then layer them with green sheets from the pad. Trust me, I have never been a pink person, but since the inception of PPS and designing the logo with Becca, Ive been finding myself more and more into Pink+Green+Grey themes. ;)

Those chipboard hearts on the cover are from Pink Paislee Artisan Collection. You should see the way they change when you mist! Oh my good Lord! Iam not exaggerating here... really! ;)


So after sticking the sheets to the chipboard album using double sided red tape, I sanded the edges and then inked them with matching Prima Chalk Fluid Inks - I can never get enough of those inks!! 




Then I did a bit of layering here and there. Glued in my photos and added some die-cuts and washi. For me it's always about the photos. Photos I chose for this album will tell you some of important aspects of my life - my children, walks I take at Mamzar, food and cooking and visiting different parts of this country that I call home. After all, scrapbooking is all about preserving your fond memories right? ;)

I borrowed Shruti's crop a dile to punch holes and inserted a binding ring and I was done! Finishing a mini so fast felt good. Really really good!

If you would like us to make a similiar albums or scrapbooks for you, feel free to drop us an email: ppsuae@gmail.com and we will get it done for you. :)

xxNeelu

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice , clean and simple! :)
    Goodwork Neelu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really neat and crisp.Love the choice of papers and the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.